Wendi Weiner was well established as an attorney earning a significant income but her true passion was writing. Her parents even nick-named her, “The Writing Guru.” She started a side hustle of writing even though she was putting in 50-60 hours a week as a lawyer. It turned out to be a very good decision.
Fast forward to today: Wendi has been featured in over 75 media outlets — from CNBC to CNN and The Huffington Post — as a leading authority in personal branding, social storytelling, career strategy, and the job search process. Her business, The Writing Guru, provides corporate branding services to Fortune 25 companies and she regularly gives talks on topics ranging from personal branding to resume writing, reputation management, and social networking. She believes that if we want to have our own business doing something we love, we have to change our mindset about time. We don’t work nine to five. We work whenever.
In today’s episode, Wendi shares how to balance your full-time job with your side hustle, the secret to getting media coverage, and how to become a household name.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
The personal fulfillment drives my passion, which is something that people see when they talk to me.” – Wendi Weiner
- How it felt to get her “Carrie Bradshaw moment”
- WHY it’s good to listen to your Mom
- How attending a conference led to her “LIGHT-BULB” moment
- What it really takes to go from SIDE HUSTLE to a successful six-figure business
- How to align your full-time job with your side hustle
- The secret for getting media coverage (Wendi has been featured over 75 MEDIA Outlets!)
- The most important action step for new entrepreneurs
- How to become a household name in your industry
- Her “Non-Negotiable” Daily Ritual
- The most difficult part of entrepreneurship
- How she adjusted having her hubby “come home” to work during the Pandemic (I could relate so much to her story here!)
- Her best ADVICE on how to move through the really difficult days
- Where she Finds her JOY
Your business and style are going to evolve over time. Don't be afraid of it.” – Wendi Weiner
Connect with Wendi Weiner:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | The Writing Guru
The amount of work I generate in a day probably can't be done by a lot of people.” – Wendi Weiner