My guest today saw a gap in the market and decided to start her OWN bank. Tamara Gurney is the President & CEO of Mission Valley Bank in Sun Valley, California. She started her career in community banking as a secretary and rose through the ranks to become the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
She started Mission Valley Bank while working out of an airplane hangar followed by a triple-wide trailer! Her story is an important one to share because it’s an inspiring and courageous one that speaks to what one woman can do when she sets her mind to something.
In this episode, we talk about the incident that led her to decide to open a bank. We also discuss why people are drawn to community banking and how Tamara juggled the bank start-up as a single parent.
- The Importance of knowing exactly what your clients WANT
- The ONE KEY ingredient that led Tamara from secretary to COO
- What people are really looking for and how you can fill that need
- How to build organic CONNECTIONS in your community
- SIMPLE, easy ways to GROW your business and referrals
- Use your VOICE – speak up when you have an IDEA
- How to juggle a career and parenting as a single mom
- And much, much more