My guest today, Mikaila Ulmer, is probably one of the youngest entrepreneurs you’ve ever heard of. When she was just four years old, she was stung not once, but twice, in one week. What happened after the bee sting is nothing short of miraculous.
Mikaila’s parents were determined to take this bee sting experience and turn it into a positive, so they encouraged Mikaila to do some research on bees. And rest, as they say, is history.
Armed with her Great Granny Helen’s lemonade recipe, this 13 year-old CEO (yes, she’s 13) has taken the lemonade world by storm.
This year alone, Me & The Bees Lemonade, has sold over 360,000 bottles of their four flavors of lemonade in 28 states.
She’s been on Shark Tank and is a regular texting friend of Daymond John. Her advice is powerful and timely and I promise, you will forget that you’re listening to a 13 year-old. Her words of advice are simple, yet spot on for what it takes to succeed in today’s market.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
You should start small. And that is really important so you know that your customers want the product and that they’re going to go out there and purchase it.” – Mikaila Ulmer
- What happened after she got stung twice by two bees in a week – this was the beginning of Me & The Bees Lemonade
- The importance of just getting out there and doing it – start small
- How she snagged a spot on SHARK TANK
- How she navigates school, homework, hanging with friends and running a company
- Her incredible Superpower – this was pure gold and you will see the simple but powerful message in this
- How Mikaila has used her business to help SAVE THE BEES
- And much, much more
I kind of initially started to get this toy that I wanted, but I decided to keep on going, and that’s how I got to where I am now.” – Mikaila Ulmer
Connect with Mikaila Ulmer:
Find your passion or a cause that you can use your company to help save, or to do good as well as make a profit.” – Mikaila Ulmer