My guest today, Mikaila Ulmer, is back for interview #2! She was originally on the show back in August 2018. This is a special year for Mikaila because she is not only celebrating a decade in business but she’s also published her first book, Bee Fearless: Dream Like a Kid!
With her very positive “can-do” attitude, Mikaila tells us how getting stung by a bee twice in one week, led her on a journey to understand the importance of bees to the environment. Ultimately, this became the gateway for her to enter her lemonade into a local business fair. (Today, Me & the Bees Lemonade is sold in over 1,500 stores nationwide!)
She also shares her Shark Tank experience, as well as the moment she had to understand the legal side of entrepreneurship and the impact it can have on your brand.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
Create a product that appeals to the most people, you can’t please everyone, so don’t try. Stay true to your mission and focus on helping your mission.” – Mikaila Ulmer
- How showcasing her lemonade in a local business fair when she was 4-years-old led to having her lemonade in over 1,500 stores today
- Her simple, easy, first steps to get the word out about Me & the Bees Lemonade
- She reminds us to always be minding our ABC’s! (Always Be Curious) This ONE attribute got her into her first restaurant.
- What it was like to be a contestant on Shark Tank (her parents initially said NO when she was offered a spot) but her persistence paid off!
- The importance of a hand-written “Thank You” note
- Her “Face on the Bottle” moment and how that impacted her brand
- What it’s like to be in online school during the pandemic while running a business
- Understanding the “legal” side of entrepreneurship came early (she was only 8-years-old) and the important lesson she learned. “Lose the battle. Win the War.”
It's not just about the products you sell, but the stories you tell.” – Mikaila Ulmer
Connect with Mikaila Ulmer:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Me & the Bees
Don't be discouraged by life's little stings, get back up and spread your wings!” – Mikaila Ulmer