I met my guest Lisa Cook, on a 7am flight to LA (no makeup, no hair, no coffee) years ago and the rest they say is history.
Lisa started her business, kidSwim, the Premier Development Based Swim Education Company in Southern California, as a way to make some extra money during the summer. Armed with a flip phone, a paper calendar and a rental car, she started jumping in the pool with LA toddlers. That was 19 years ago. Since then, she, along with her instructors, have taught nearly 10,000 kids how to swim.
On today’s show, Lisa talks about her mindset behind creating her swimming empire and her children’s book, See Me Bubble, which is available on Amazon in both English & Spanish. She also shares how to push aside the ego to achieve success, advice on cash flow and much more.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
Start delegating as soon as you can. Don’t wait until you feel like you are under a rock.” – Lisa Cook
- Her “Secret Sauce” on serving Influencers in Hollywood – this will probably shock you
- The moment she recognized that it was time to get serious about her business
- The astonishing (and positive) awareness that occurred as a result of the pandemic – she Now Feels Free
- How her Biggest Challenge is something most would consider an asset
- Why LEADERSHIP matters more than almost anything else in business
- Advice she wished someone would have shared before she jumped in the water to teach that first lesson
- Why waiting 24 hours can be PURE GOLD
- The most important communication you can have with your TEAM that builds loyalty
- And much, much, more
When the staff knows they are respected and supported, they are more willing to go the extra mile.” – Lisa Cook
Connect with Lisa Cook:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | kidSwim
Ego is your greatest enemy in pursuit of success in your business.” – Lisa Cook