Ten years ago, I met my guest today, Darya Allen-Attar, in a Starbucks to brainstorm a Big Idea she had.
Within 60 days of that cup of coffee, she launched that idea into The Broad’s Circle (Over 9,000 people have attended these events since 2009.) and that became the catalyst for Women Founders Network (WFN), a virtual accelerator with a goal to connect women founders not only with capital, but also with the resources, connections, mentorship, and sponsorship they need to grow scalable, successful businesses.
Darya has been recognized as one of the “Most Powerful Women in California” by California Women Lead (November 2016) for her community work and the advancement of women. She has traveled extensively and speaks four languages. Most recently, she was invited by the State Department to speak on Women’s Entrepreneurship at their international forums, hosted by US consulates.
Darya serves on the Investment Advisory Committee for the California Community Foundation. She also serves on the Boards of the Los Angeles Westside YMCA and the Los Angeles Chapter of Advisors in Philanthropy (LA-AiP). Darya earned her BA from Kalamazoo College, Certificate in Accounting from Northwestern University, and her MBA in Finance from Fordham University.
Dara Allen-Attar is a dear friend doing PHENOMENAL work with women business owners. You’ll love today’s show as she shares some incredible wisdom from her journey.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
I have been able to either pay for great help or else get people who are passionate about what I’m passionate about to come in and help me build things.” – Darya Allen-Attar
- How a meeting at Starbucks a decade ago turned into her Genius work
- How the 2008 Financial crisis was met as a failure but instead turned out to be the best thing that could have ever happened to her
- The importance of course-correcting and improving
- Her single BEST tip for GROWTH as an entrepreneur
- Darya’s BIGGEST frustration – this is PURE Gold Ladies!
- How she raises a family of 3 children and a hubby while running several ventures
- Why you should RECALIBRATE regularly to do your best work
- The truth about Failure
- The Advice she hears being given to women entrepreneurs that she doesn’t agree with
- Her thoughts on finding “The Joy” and releasing “The Grind”
- What she wished someone would have shared with her early on in her career – POWERFUL!
Failure is the greatest defining event of anyone’s life.” – Darya Allen-Attar
Connect with Darya Allen-Attar:
Facebook | Twitter | Broads Circle | Women Founders Network
It is the concept of feeling our freedom and the ability to be in a place of discomfort to take the risk of telling other people what you think and finding that they can be inspired by some of your ideas.” – Darya Allen-Attar