Today my guest, Andrea Nakayama and I talk about how her company, Functional Nutrition Alliance is doing its part to fill in the “gaps” in the healthcare industry in the United States.
Andrea’s work stems from a personal tragedy. Her young husband was diagnosed with a fatal brain tumor when she was just seven weeks pregnant with their only child.
Andrea is an educator, a Functional Medicine Nutritionist, and the host of the 15-Minute Matrix Podcast. She teaches other coaches and clinicians around the world how to reclaim ownership of their own health and the health of their patients.
In addition to the state of healthcare, we also talk about the isolating nature of entrepreneurship and offer tips for not taking the business “pivots” personally.
Finally, Andrea shares her best action steps for growing her business, the biggest challenges that she sees for female business owners, and how to unpack complicated feelings that you might have around selling your business.
- The specific incident that led Andrea to functional medicine
- Understanding where the “GAPS” are in medicine and how you can take better control
- Why we should pay more attention to our GUT Health – it’s all in the MIND
- The definition of OMIX and how it works to help in our daily health
- Andrea's best action steps for growing her business
- Her take on ISOLATION for women business owners
- The biggest challenges for female business owners
- Her story on selling her business
- Her DAILY practice to help “weather the storms”
- The WORST start-up advice she’s heard
- Andrea's FIVE P's and how they can really cut through the clutter and improve your focus